Friday, August 28, 2009

Two and a half years and counting





My big girl sometimes ACTS like a baby... ha ha. But that's okay, I'll suck it up while I can. She is still very sweet natured and there's something innocent about Brayden. She shares with everyone without us asking..even if it's her favorite treat! She's not around kids much, but when she is she lets them trample all over her and just kisses the heck out of em' !

Her latest phrases are, " Yup.. I sure is!" or as we are walking out the door.. she says, " Don't be carefully !" Huh?? I think she means " Drive carefully! " She also says to her therapists and family members..."Nice to see you!" Lots of full sentences these days.

She recently got her bangs cut for the first time. Well... I accidentally chopped them off a little too short, but it makes her look older I think. I like it. Hopefully I will get better at cutting in the future... ha ha!





We have been actively involved in therapy since we missed a few sessions during vacation. It is so important to stay strong and work as much and possible while Bray is young and growing. I have learned so much recently. I was worried because she has been falling so much more and quite frankly I'm scared she will get hurt badly. I am so thankful for the support I have from family and friends. For some reason I felt emotional this week when I learned Bray may never walk with out some sort of support. And as optimistic and strong as I feel most of the time, I just felt bad for Brayden for a second. I know she doesn't know any different, but I'm worried about her getting teased when she grows up. We will do whatever we can to make her stronger or do surgeries, but maybe it's just the way she's supposed to be. I'm thankful for her spirit that helps me grow continually. We are getting new braces for her and I will put up pics next week when we have them. GOOOOOOO BRAY!! Cha cha cha.... Until then, it's movies and music. Those are her favorite things to do these days.

5 comments:

Don and Sandy said...

Glad for the update. She is such a special little girl, what a joy for you. Sometimes life is just too hard. She will be ok because she has a mother who will always be there to love and support her.

Lorina said...

Brayden has such a great personality; she is going to be loved by everyone no matter if she is a little different from everyone else! :] You are doing a great job of raising her.

Ooh, I wanted to pass along my second blog. I post just a bunch of random thoughts there, but if you were interested...
http://simplylorina.tumblr.com/

Heidi said...

I'm glad you finally posted something!! It was fun to see what you have been up to. You can't move to Anthem!!!!! It's to far! You should come check out Queen Creek!!!!

Kalene said...

OK I am dying laughing! You did the mom chop job on her!! You should of brought her to me! I would of just done it!! Or taught you how :) Good thing is they will always grow back!

Breanna Gaylord said...

cute bangs-she does look older with them.
she will always be a confident happy girl because she has you as her mom. you are so sweet to her and so supportive.